What is adb ?
Android Debug Bridge - can be used to access android tools from command line interface.
Android Direct Bridge - can be used to start emulator.
Android Direct Bridge - provide acces to databases on the rooted device.
None are correct.
Android debug bridge (ADB)
- tool used to communicate to emulator/ devices from eclipse or command prompt.
- its a client-server program
there are 3 components in it:
1. a client running on development machine. -> you can invoke this by issueing adb shell command.
(adt/ ddms also starts adb client)
2. a server [runs as a b.g process] on development machine.
this establishes comm'on channel between client - adb daemon running on emulator/ device.
3. adb-daemon that runs on emulator/ device.
adb -> is located in sdk/ platform-tools
Back To Top